Garrison-Logan Family History & Genealogy
You are currently anonymous Log In
 

 Watson Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas, United States


Latitude: 32.76130, Longitude: -97.06255

Notes:
Also known as: West Fork Cemetery

Patrick A. Watson established an early community here. The first person buried in the cemetery, in 1846, was a woman whose coffin was made from a wagon bed. Brush was burned atop her grave to hide it from Indians. When Watson bought the land in 1853, he set aside a one-acre cemetery and gave land for the Watson Community’s first school and church. In 1956, the Dallas-Fort Worth Turnpike was routed around the cemetery and the church was relocated. The Watson Cabin is now on display in Knapp Heritage Park in downtown Arlington. Before SH360 was built, the route was known as Watson Road, and signs to this effect remain.



All Burials

   Last Name, Given Name(s)   Buried   Person ID 
1. COLEMAN, Robert Caroline 'Callie'   bur. 24 Apr 1919 Watson Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant Co, Texas, USA Find all individuals with events at this location I5386
2. COPELAND, Thomas Benton   bur. 16 Dec 1921 Watson Cemetery, Arlington, Tarrant Co, Texas, USA Find all individuals with events at this location I5390