Garrison-Logan Family History & Genealogy
You are currently anonymous Log In
 

Emblem, Hopkins Co, Texas, USA



 


Notes: EMBLEM, TEXAS. Emblem, a farming community on State Highway 71 some twelve miles northwest of Sulphur Springs in northwestern Hopkins County, was founded by G. D. Kennemore in 1876. A Baptist church was organized at the settlement in 1883. T. J. Ross had a store and gin there and became postmaster when a post office was established in 1892. By 1905 the community had a school, which that year had an enrollment of forty-eight. The Emblem post office closed in 1906. By the mid-1930s the community had two churches, a school, and a number of scattered houses. The school was later closed, but in 1985 the community still had two churches and a cemetery. In 1990 and 2000 Emblem reported a population of fifty-two.
Christopher Long, "EMBLEM, TX," Handbook of Texas Online. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

City/Town : Latitude: 33.247, Longitude: -95.766


Birth

Matches 1 to 1 of 1

   Last Name, Given Name(s)    Birth    Person ID 
1 CANNON, Daury Fern  12 Jan 1911Emblem, Hopkins Co, Texas, USA I13344